Welcome to Baruch College’s Office of Institutional Research, a clearinghouse for college-related information. The Office of Institutional Research provides information to support decision-making through a variety of analytic activities, data-gathering tasks, and research projects. The Office of Institutional Research has the primary institutional responsibility for the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative information on the institution, its students, its faculty, and its college program offerings.
Mission Statement and Goals
The mission of the Office of Institutional Research is to compile, maintain, and analyze institutional and other data to support the operation, decision-making, and planning functions of the College.
Goals of the Office of Institutional Research:
- Provide reliable and accurate statistics for internal and external consumption
- Provide data support for the administrative offices within the College
- Assist in the development of evaluation plans and instruments for outcome assessment
- Conduct in-depth survey research and analysis
- Coordinate external reporting for the College (i.e., US News and World Report, College Board, and Princeton Review)
- Supports reporting mandated by statute, government regulations, or requirements of accreditation