The mission of the Office of Assessment, Accreditation, and Institutional Effectiveness is to serve as the central force for driving and guiding the planning, assessment, and institutional research efforts of the college. This mission is to enable the college utilize data for decision-making and continuous improvement as well as maintain institutional and program accreditation. The office fulfills its mission through the following keyways –
- Oversight of institutional information, and data resources to ensure integrity, accuracy, and usability.
- Anticipate the information needs of the college and provide standard reports including dashboards to meet those needs.
- Responding to external reporting mandates from the federal government, New York State department of education, Middle states commission for higher education, and other program specific accreditors
- Survey research that independently assesses the student success experience at the college and disseminate results to the college community.
- Provide reliable and accurate data to instructional and non-instructional areas in support of their planning, assessment, program review, and continuous improvements efforts.
- Provide reliable and accurate statistics about the college (enrollment, retention, graduation, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in the development of evaluation plans and instruments for outcomes assessment.
- Support strategic planning efforts by providing reliable data to help develop and track key metrics of success.
- Conduct research and analysis to support key institutional initiatives and priorities.
- Provide capacity building for the college in the areas of planning, assessment, and institutional research.
John Osae-Kwapong, Ph.D.
Associate Provost, Assessment, Accreditation & Institutional Effectiveness
John Choonoo, Ed.D.
Director, Institutional Research
Associate Director, Institutional Research
Associate Director, Assessment
Amaranta (Amy) Rendon
College Assistant (Part-time)